A Real Estate Attorney Serves Residential and Commercial Needs and surrounding communities in Westchester Putnam and Dutchess Counties
An experienced Westchester County real estate lawyer identifies and resolves potential problems
The purchase of your home is probably the single largest investment you will make in your lifetime. Before you dedicate the time, effort and assets into buying your home, you should investigate the various methods of paying for the property and investigate the home and its neighborhood. Each transaction is different, and you should seek the advice of an experienced attorney to help you through the process.
The same can be said of selling your home. For most people, it means the liquidation of their most expensive asset. Determining the right time to sell and at what price can be a daunting task. The sales process can also be confusing. Consulting an attorney early in the process can help you through this maze.
Since 1993, the Law Office of Gordon B. Fine has handled hundreds of real estate transactions throughout Westchester, Dutchess and Putnam counties, serving the needs of first-time home-buyers and sophisticated real estate developers with the same level of dedication. Our founder has been actively involved on the Yorktown Zoning Board of Appeals since 1995, culminating in his appointment in 2006 to chair of the board. With more than 25 years of experience, we have the ability to identify the potential for problems and resolve them before they escalate to larger issues.
Real estate lawyer handles a broad range of legal matters so you don’t have to
We routinely handle a broad range of real estate issues, including the following:
- Purchase and sale agreements — We draft and review purchase and sale agreements for both residential and commercial property, representing either the buyer or the seller. Throughout the process, we ensure our clients’ rights are protected in these legal contracts.
- Leases — In a leasing agreement, the responsibilities of both the lessor and the lessee are spelled out. At our firm, we ensure that the conditions of the lease are clearly articulated. We draft and negotiate leases for both residential and commercial leases.
- Landlord/tenant law — Landlord/tenant law is based on both contract and property laws. We represent either the landlord or the tenant of commercial and residential rental properties when disputes arise. We can also draft and negotiate rental agreements.
- Deeds and easements — Sometimes the owner of a tract of land grants an easement to the owner of adjoining property for the purposes of entry, and the easement becomes part of the deed for both properties. We draft and negotiate deeds and easements for residential and commercial property owners in ways that benefit all parties.
- Evictions — We represent both landlords and tenants in eviction disputes such as those caused by nonpayment, holdover or ejection situations. It’s best to handle evictions quickly, and our dedication to each client allows us to work efficiently to resolve these issues.
Whether your legal needs involve residential or commercial properties, we persist until the transaction or the case is resolved to your satisfaction.
Let a real estate attorney handle your transactions or resolve your disputes in Westchester, Putnam or Dutchess Counties, including the towns of Yorktown Heights, White Plains, Peekskill, Carmel and the surrounding communities
The Law Office of Gordon B. Fine, located in Yorktown Heights, has handled hundreds of real estate transactions in the area. Let an experienced real estate lawyer draft and negotiate your purchase, sale, lease or rental agreement to ensure your rights are protected. Call us now at 914-245-6250 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.