Family Law Attorney Serves the Needs of Yorktown Heights and Surrounding Communities in Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess Counties
A compassionate Westchester County attorney listens, counsels and delivers
The Family Court process can be complicated and confusing. Figuring out whether your case belongs in a criminal court, the Supreme Court or the Family Court is a decision that requires guidance from an experienced attorney.
Gordon B. Fine, Esq. has been handling family law matters for more than 25 years. The types of cases he has handled have included child custody and support, adoption, family offense petitions, visitation, termination of parental rights, spousal support, and others. Mr. Fine’s clients have been pleased with not only the results but also with his accessibility and the ease of talking with him. If you have a family law question, don’t ask a friend, call an experienced attorney. Call the Law Office of Gordon B. Fine.
Family law issues can often be interrelated
When a couple divorces, each spouse must also come to terms with short- and long-range decisions at a time when objective thinking may be difficult. With an experienced guiding hand, we take you through the divorce process step by step, letting you know what to expect and answering any and all questions you may have.
At the Law Office of Gordon B. Fine, we can help you with the following types of family law matters:
- Divorce litigation — Getting a divorce in New York state requires certain conditions for residency and grounds for divorce. Spouses must follow a strict process. We explain the process of divorce litigation to our clients and map out the decisions they must make. Throughout, we advocate for your rights to ensure you are treated fairly.
- Child support — The state of New York has stipulated guidelines for child support that take income and number of children into consideration, among other factors. We can help you understand exactly how these guidelines apply to your situation. We can also help with any modifications to existing court orders and ensure the enforcement of those orders.
- Spousal support — New York considers spousal support (also known as maintenance) a temporary situation and has developed a set of state guidelines that considers income, length of the marriage, standard of living, age and health of both spouses, and other factors. We help you understand these guidelines and how they may apply to your circumstances.
- Parental rights and visitation — If you have children, you and your spouse must come together on a parenting plan that outlines custody and visitation. We help protect your parental rights and ensure that your visitation plan meets your needs and those of your children.
- Adoption — Families wanting to grow their family through adoption can rely on our law offices to attend carefully to their needs from the initial application through finalization. The adoption process can be lengthy and requires constant attention. We stand by you throughout and keep you up to date on the progress of your adoption.
Experienced in litigation, New York law and the adoption process, we can help you move on to the next stage of your life, minimizing your stress along the way.
Schedule your free initial consultation now with a compassionate family law attorney serving Westchester, Dutchess and Putnam Counties including Yorktown Heights, White Plains, Peekskill, Carmel and the surrounding towns
The Law Office of Gordon B. Fine, located in Yorktown Heights, has helped numerous families resolve their divorce and divorce-related issues, including child support, spousal support, and parental rights and visitation. We also help families with adoption. Call us today at 914-245-6250 or use our online contact form to schedule your free initial consultation. You can rest assured that when you work with us, you’ll always receive honest advice and the personal attention you need. We offer MasterCard and Visa payment plans for the convenience of our clients.