Criminal Law Attorney Defends Those Charged with Criminal Offenses in Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess Counties and Nearby Communities
Let a former Bronx County Assistant District Attorney work to your advantage
The one thing you usually do not expect when you walk out of your home is that your day will end with your arrest. Today’s courts are filled with “horror” stories of people who find themselves being arrested based upon what someone told the police about them. Too often these arrests are made without the benefit of a proper investigation. With the Law Office of Gordon B. Fine, you can be prepared by knowing your rights and having a skilled and experienced attorney at your side.
The one right that everyone knows is the Fifth Amendment – the right to remain silent. This right is of paramount importance if you are arrested. In many cases, a police officer or detective will contact a person and tell them that they need to talk to them about an incident that they were involved in. It may sound innocent enough but keep in mind that the officer is conducting a criminal investigation with the ultimate goal of making an arrest and prosecution. Before you speak with the police, contact a lawyer. Anything you say to the lawyer will be held in the strictest confidence. What you say to the police may and probably will be used against you. Odds are that the result of the conversation with the police will be your arrest. Take advantage of your right to remain silent. Know your rights and exercise them. Let an experienced lawyer advise you as to when you should provide any information.
A skilled Westchester County defense attorney with more than 25 years of experience on your side
Knowing your rights and choosing the right attorney is crucial to your defense in a criminal matter. Criminal convictions in New York State remain on your record permanently. A conviction can cost you your freedom and your right to vote, create financial hardship and prevent you from obtaining employment. Certain convictions, even for violations, can even prevent you from obtaining federal financial aid for college. We routinely handle the following types of criminal law cases:
- Petit larceny — Petit larceny, sometimes referred to as shoplifting, is a Class A misdemeanor involving theft of property. We investigate the charges against you and prepare a compelling argument in your favor.
- Domestic violence and abuse — An accusation of domestic violence and abuse is a serious matter. You could face jail time and lose access to your children, among other penalties, if you are convicted. We defend against charges of assault; orders of protection and restraining order violations; and stalking and harassment.
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI) — If you have been charged with drunk driving, we investigate the testing equipment used to measure your blood alcohol content, and probe into the stop and arrest process to ensure it has been followed appropriately. Our knowledge of DWI laws helps us develop an effective defense for our clients.
- Drug charges — We defend against drug charges such as possession or sale. Penalties can be quite severe, based on the type and amount of the drug involved.
- Probation violations — Failing to comply with the terms of your probation is a serious matter. We represent clients with probation violations and seek the most favorable outcome in cases that involve either a technical or new offense violation allegation.
- Juvenile offenses — Juvenile offenses deserve special attention, because one mistake or one lapse in judgment could alter the rest of a juvenile’s life.
- Traffic violations — Penalties for speeding, texting while driving and other traffic violations have increased over recent years. Local courts take these charges seriously, and if convicted, you could face points on your driver’s license, fines and surcharges.
Gordon B. Fine has been practicing criminal law for more than 25 years. As an Assistant District Attorney in Bronx County, he tried cases involving narcotics, robberies, burglaries, assaults and other violent crimes. As a criminal defense attorney Mr. Fine has tried more than 100 jury trials to verdict.
If you are arrested, don’t wait; call an attorney immediately. The earlier in the process that the lawyer gets involved, the better it will be for your defense. Which lawyer to choose can be confusing. Recommendations from others may be helpful but keep in mind that the lawyer to which they are referring you to may not be well-versed in criminal defense.
Get strong criminal defense help from a former Assistant District Attorney serving Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess Counties including the towns of Yorktown Heights, White Plains, Peekskill, Carmel and the surrounding communities
The Law Office of Gordon B. Fine, located in Yorktown Heights, has defended clients charged with criminal offenses ranging from traffic violations and petit larceny to drug and DWI charges since 1993. Call us today at 914-245-6250 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation. We offer MasterCard and Visa payment plans for the convenience of our clients.